CenturyLink has two primary plans to offer in the case of home phone services. One is the basic plan, and the other is the unlimited plan. If you choose the basic plan, you will only avail local calling feature. However, suppose you choose to go with the unlimited plan. In that case, you will be availing of local calling feature, long-distance calling feature, call waiting, call waiting ID, caller ID, three-way calling, voicemail, call forwarding call rejection, anonymous call rejection, call return, speed call, busy redial etc. However, the exact feature that you will receive will depend on your location.
Advantages of opting for CenturyLink phone
- Landline phones can identify your exact location in case of emergency
- Clear connections
- Excellent coverage
- Amazing plans
- Security systems require home phones
The digital home phone of CenturyLink is straightforward to set up at home. This guide aims at walking you through the entire step of getting the CenturyLink landline phone activated.
What will you need to get started with setting up the CenturyLink landline phone?
You will need two specific items.
- The digital phone kit of CenturyLink. This kit will include everything that will be required to get the service to the phone.
- A touch-tone phone. For this, you can choose any handset. However, CenturyLink recommends using cordless phones for easy setup and use.
What is a part of the phone kit from CenturyLink?
This century kit phone kit contains the following items
- Ethernet cable
- Digital home phone adapter
- Power adapter
- Installation guide
- 911 stickers
Setting up the phone is extremely simple and easy. Once you are ready with your touch-tone phone and the equipment.
Setting up the digital phone.
The first thing that you must focus on to get phone service is the phone adapter that is a part of the kit. This adapter will only work when it has Internet access. Therefore, you must connect the adapter to the router or modem by is the use of the Ethernet cable that is a part of the phone kit.
- Start by connecting the Ethernet cable to the phone adapter. For this, the cable must attach to the Ethernet port on the adapter. The other end of the cable must be attached to the wireless modem or router. If you cannot find the cable that was a part of the phone kit or need a different length cable, you can use any cable at your home.
- Connect the phone cord to the section that is labelled as phone port one on the adapter. Always remember to use port 1. Do not use port 2. The other end of the phone cord must be connected to the handset of the touch-tone phone.
- Now you must connect the digital phone adapter to the power adapter. Plug the power adapter into the power source.
- The digital phone adapter is now ready and will function through the automatic setup process.
The biggest advantage of the digital phone of CenturyLink is that it activates and programs itself via the use of plug-and-play technology. Therefore, once it has been hooked up, it will automatically start running. The activation and programming procedure can take a maximum of 15 minutes. Once the activation and programming are done, the lights for the sections of phone one, Internet and power on the front of the adapter would glow green. Now the CenturyLink phone is ready to be used.
Setting up the Calling Features
Suppose you wish to use advanced phone features like voicemail and call forwarding. In that case, these features can be set up using CenturyLink’s communicator dashboard. You can use the central hub to access all your information pertaining to your account and make any changes to the features of the phone.
To gain access to the communicator dashboard, first, navigate to the CenturyLink website on a web browser. Log in to your current account or set up a new one if this is the first time that you will be setting up the feature.
The following features are available for modification from the communicator dashboard:
- Call forwarding to voicemail
- Call forwarding
- Caller ID blocking
- Do not disturb
- Anonymous call rejection
You also have the option of receiving and placing calls directly via the online mode from the dashboard. This can be handy if you are at your work.
Finally, your 911 address can be updated from the dashboard. CenturyLink phone has been set to use your service address for placing 911 calls by default. However, suppose you change your address or move to a different location. In that case, you will have to log in to your CenturyLink account and then update the address. This way, the emergency services will arrive at the right location in case of an emergency.